Just Look Over This Unique, Short And Heartfelt Wedding Anniversary Speech Sample For A Friend And You’ll Be Seconds Away From Easily...
And Quickly Writing A Memorable Wedding Anniversary Wishes For Your Friend… even if you think speaking in public is not your thing and are not too sure if you are on the right track!
As you are pretty much aware, friends do come into our lives for different reasons and in different seasons.
There are some buddies who are in your life for a reason and there are others who are there for a season.
If you are blessed enough to have a friend who stands by you in good times and bad, then you have to really cherish their friendship and make them feel much loved.
For me, one of the best gifts I have ever had in my life is my friendship with Mark.
Though he’s a great friend, I see him more as a brother and I visit him at least every weekend to pick his brain on a wide range of issues, particularly when I feel so down and out. Believe me, he's someone I can really count on.
I don’t know who your best friend is, but chances are you have a loving friend who cares so much about you.
Will This Be Your Best Gift Ever?
By the way, have you thought about honoring that friend in a very special way?
There are many ways to demonstrate that you love him or her with your whole heart but I think the best gift you can give that person is a beautiful wedding anniversary speech. Has that ever crossed your mind? I guess it has, which is why you’re right here on this page.
As a wedding speech writer myself, I know that pouring your heart out just as you want it can be a tough nut to crack and that’s why I showed you how to get the right words and ideas the other day.
Today, we are on a different mission and all you have to do is come along with me as I see how you can effortlessly do a fantastic job without trying so hard.
You see, there are many ways to come up with a beautiful message but I know for sure that if you want to put down your exact thoughts and emotions into beautiful words, then you have to consult great wedding anniversary speech samples for your friend.
I am going to show you an example pretty soon.
Before I do so, let’s consider the benefits of using such models.
- It ensures you don’t ''sweat'' when you are asked to say your well-wishes or anniversary message at the last minute!
- It’s a real time-saver if you have postponed the writing of your speech and then you suddenly realize your speech is not done.
- When you have access to a proven one, you can just change a few words or ides here and there and simply make it yours.
However, you don’t have to copy what you find word for word, else you risk being a copycat.
Remember, there are several eyeballs looking at this too as you read.
Today, I’d like to show a wedding anniversary speech sample or example for a friend written by toastmaster Michael Varma .
We will dissect this piece bit-by-bit, and see what went into it and see the insights you can apply to writing your own speech.
Here’s How to Write The Most Important Part of Your Speech...get it right and your friend and guests will compliment you!
First, let’s see the most important part of the speech: the introduction.
''Good Afternoon, my name is Michael Varma and I met Luby more than ten years ago at a Toastmasters meeting
Luby is our resident celebrity. She a triple threat: she acts; she sings and can tap dance her way out of a question she doesn’t want to answer.
And we’re here to celebrate her 50th wedding anniversary to Bob. Fifty years is quite an achievement. Most folks don’t make it that far.''
What can you say about the opening lines in the above paragraph?
Can you give it a whirl? Okay, you have just five minutes to put down anything you have in mind.
You have four more minutes to go.
Three minutes to go.
Just a minute left.
Please time is up, so kindly put down your pen!
Don’t Ignore These Ideas When Writing Your Opener
Varma’s opening lines might not be the best of introductory remarks, but I’d like to draw but your attention to a few things he made good use of.
- He saluted the audience: ''good afternoon'', and you should do the same.
- He went on to mention who he was--- '' my name is Michael Varma''
Varma should have thanked his friend for the honor done him.
In view of that, I would like to add this as point number #3: Thank your friend for asking you to speak
A good opening line like would make the guests want to listen to you and if you follow through it with a heartfelt message, then you can be sure you are going to be applauded for or even get a standing ovation if your storyline is very touching.
You Deserve To Hear This Too…
It’s not only celebrities who deserve to be told good things and smiled at when they give speeches, but you also have to feel proud as you go to take your seat...
So, here are some other unique ways of grabbing hearts and minds with a very beautiful intro!
Let’s get it rolling!
You can tie your opening to a quote on friendship. Here a few ones you can use:
- ''Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend''- Martin Luther King, Jr.
- ''The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it''- Hubert H. Humphrey
- ''Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness''-Euripides
- ''My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me''-Henry Ford
- ''I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun''- Charles R. Swindol
Please let me make this clear. These quotes should be used to personalize your speech.
I love examples and want to make writing your message as easy as lifting a pen, so let’s go for at least two quotes, and let’s use them to write something short and sweet.
''I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun'' - Charles R. Swindol
''Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness''-Euripides
A Short Example Of A Wedding Anniversary Speech For A Friend!
In our lives, every one of us needs someone to lean on in good times and bad, and Mike is that friend I have leaned on for almost 20 years.
He has been a great blessing to me since we met way back in high school.
When I celebrated my silver marriage anniversary a year ago, he was there to work as a tireless horse by helping me and my wife plan the whole event!
I think his friendship is the best gift God ever gave me.
I cannot even imagine where I would be today if he wasn’t in my life.
He has given me a heart full of joy and good friends like him make life a lot more fun.
So, on the occasion of his golden marriage anniversary, I have the greatest pleasure and honor to…
Did you see how we used the underlined words: I cannot even imagine... heart full of joy... a lot more fun- Charles R. Swindol
AND their love in times of trouble, not in happiness-Euripides ...in both
quotes to express our thoughts?
That’s exactly what to do if you decide to use quotations by sages or other folks to start your speech.
That’s not all, these can be great starting points as well.
-You can start with when you became friends and what really brought you together in the first place…See what Varma said: ''…and I met Luby more than ten years ago at a Toastmasters meeting.
Luby is our resident celebrity. She a triple threat: she acts; she sings and can tap dance her way out of a question she doesn’t want to answer.''
- Again, you can tell the wedding guests what brought the couple together after you have mentioned your name and greeted the guests.
- You can even begin with a quote or joke on marriage and tie it to the theme of your speech.
I sincerely believe you should not struggle with your speech, so below are a few marriage quotes you can use to give your speech a personal touch.
''A good husband makes a good wife''- John Florio
''Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threaded, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years''- Simone Signoret
''Marriages, like careers, need constant nurturing... the secret of having it all is loving it all''-Joyce Brothers
''By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher''- Socrates
''But marriage goes in waves. You've got to be patient. People bail and give up on their marriages way too early.
''They just don't put the work and the effort into it. You've got to suck up your ego a lot of times because that can be a big downfall'' -Anna Benson
Can You Start With a Good Story Too?
Yes, you can. A lot of people don’t do that because they don’t know how to go about that. If you are able to tell a good story and connect its message to your speech, then you might get a standing ovation!
See the lines below for an example!
Mike and Amanda are a lot like Jack and Rose, the leading characters in the Titanic movie…
I have seen them hold each other’s back throughout the good and bad times, and I think their love is …
Don’t you think mentioning the Titanic movie is enough to perk up ears? You bet!
Now, let us continue with what Varma said on her friend’s marriage celebration
Britney Spear’s first marriage to childhood friend Jason Alexander lasted 55 hours.
Kim Kardashian’s second marriage to New Jersey Nets forward Kris Humphries lasted a mere 72 days. But those are marriages that didn’t make it. How about other celebrities that are still together?
I love this sample for one reason. The writer is very skilled and creative. He didn’t just reveal how they met and how their relationship evolved.
To get our attention, he compares his friend’s marriage to those of famous celebrities?
That’s Varma’s own way of developing the body of his speech.
By the way, it’s still possible to imitate his approach. Enough said about his style.
Let’s Now See How You Can Let Your Ideas Flow in A Logical Manner!
Recalling memories is a great way to build anticipation and excitement into your message and here are questions you have to ask yourself if you want to recapture warm memories!
- Share funny things they were involved in
- Share how their relationship has evolved over the years
- How their marriage is a model for yours
- Share the good and bad times!
- Share their greatest achievement as a couple
Remember to write down as many ideas that come to you and see which ones you think can help you present your thoughts in a more coherent and consistent way.
Having done that, just use this sample as a guide plus how to get the right ideas and phrases as a guide, and then write down whatever comes to mind.
Remember, you can always go back to edit what you jotted down.
Ok, my friend, let’s continue with our speech.
Now, speech continues
Hollywood sweethearts Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson are still together, but it’s only been 24 years.
My wife and I have been married for a little more than 10 years and know I adore my wife more today than when I got married. (Honey, did I say that right?)
Luby and Bob, you’re at 50 years. That’s five times more love than I’ve yet known. I’m in awe and offer this anniversary toast.
You are blessed from above
With devotion and love
I have a good notion
To second His motion
We bid you good cheers
Partners in love for many more years
I just love Varma’s close remarks but the funny thing is most speakers end on a rather uninspiring note.
How you end your speech will make the wedding guests turn to each and say: wow that was awesome!
So, you have to end very well before you raise up your glass to toast your friend and his or her spouse.
How you can end with a bang?
Here Are Some Keys To A Memorable Closing Remarks That Will Wow The Guests!
You can conclude your speech by wishing your friend well in the years ahead as you can see here:
You are blessed from above
With devotion and love
I have a good notion
To second His motion
We bid you good cheers
Partners in love for many more years
You can end by encouraging the couple to keep loving and caring for each other unconditionally with or without a quote.
For instance, you can say the greatest thing you can still learn is just to love each other and be loved in return!
You can quote a verse from the Holy bible or your religious book and use that to draw down the curtain.
Here is an example
The scriptures say in 1 Corinthians 13 that though I speak in the tongues of men or angels and even have the gift of prophecy, and even knows all things
But you don’t have love, you are nothing.
Such love the Bible describes is kind. It is patient. It is not selfish or proud. So, let this kind of love reign in your heart till the end of time...!
-You can also say a prayer for the couple at the end of your speech or even make up your own song to the beat of a well-known song.
Don’t forget to add your best wishes too.
Here are some wedding anniversary wishes to your friend
On this special day, I wish you that your love grows stronger and blooms year by year!
You two were made for each other
And nothing else matters but to love each other.
Wishing you the best anniversary ever
May your bonds of marriage strengthen,
Holding strong amidst all fears.
And may our friendship stay untarnished,
Through the wearing of the years.
~ Karl Fuchs
There is just nothing better than feeling completely content in life, regardless of what life throws at you because your marriage is rock solid.
Your anniversary is a time for sharing your affection, it’s obvious the two of you have quite a deep connection! Happy anniversary
…I hope by now you know how to use wedding speech anniversary samples to write a heartwarming message to honor your friend and his or her spouse!
P.S Here Are A Million Reasons Why You Have To See This Time-Sensitive Message Before You Write Your Own Speech
Please ignore this only if you want to surprise your friend with a very beautiful speech or you don't want to settle for just anything!
Did you know that every your act of kindness will be remembered by your friend forever and that he or she will kindly pay you back someday--- as whatever you sow is what you'll reap!
Well, you can take advantage of his or her anniversary to tell everyone how much you love and adore him or her by giving a speech that's unique, sweet, and memorable so your husband, wife, kids, and even friends will love every bit of it.
Wouldn’t you love it when you hand over the microphone to the emcee and your friend gives you a warm hug and say:’’ Oh! My God! This is just amazing! I really love you with my whole heart!
And not only that, you will hear heart-melting compliments like:
Wow! That was amazing! You’re a true friend!
I wish I had a friend like you!
Friends like you are hard to find.
Want to get on board? You should by first clicking here to fill out this short form.!
Ok, Is This Offer For Me?
- Yes, if you really love your friend with your whole heart and you want to honor them with a memorable speech!
- Oh yes it if you are expecting nothing less than a very amazing speech.
- Yes, it’s for you if you are overwhelmed by the pressures of work and don’t have the time to put your speech together.
- Yes, you have to get on board; if you are fed up with getting the same results anytime you give a speech.
- Yes, if you are not too eloquent or not too sure if you are on the right track.
- Yes, if you don’t want to feel any tinge of embarrassment or screw-up!
- Yes, if you are looking for someone to hold your back and give you a proven tip to help you master your speech even your memory is like a goldfish!
- Yes, if you feel wedding speaking is not your thing and you’re not too sure if you will succeed or not make it.
- Yes, if you are struggling to find the right words but still want to give a great speech like a pro so you are showered with tons of sincere compliments!
- Yes, if you have a day or less to the wedding and you are worried that you might make some horrible mistakes!
- Yes, if you are a good speaker but you still want someone to look over or review what you've come up with!
Ok, I am interested...what's the cost?
You simply pay what you want after you’ve got your beautiful speech.
Why? As you know, the current health crisis has caused severe hardships for most people.
Yet, some folks are still celebrating their anniversaries and asking family and friends to give speeches.
Nonetheless, not everyone could afford our services even before the pandemic suddenly hit us.
Please note: When life gets back to normal, this offer will be scrapped for good.
So, please take advantage of it now even if you are going to deliver it now or tomorrow...
Even though we are going through this crazy time, if you do a poor job at it, your speech will be captured on video and the couple and other viewers will forever remember what you said and would not attribute your poor performance to the fact there was a deadly disease in town.
So, please take advantage of it now...You simply pay what you want after you get your beautiful speech.
Oh Ok, How Then Do I Get Started Since I Want To Get On Board Right Away?
All you have to do RIGHT NOW is to click on this link to receive an easy-to-fill-in questionnaire in your email to get started right away.
- After that, we will send you a very short questionnaire to fill out by email!
- Then, you have it sent back to us via email
- If something is not too clear, we will ask you to clarify.
- If not, we will send you a wonderful draft.
- Then, you look it over and tell us if you are okay with it or you want to amend it till you are happy with it--although we always get it right even with the first draft.
- Then, we ask you to simply pay what you want.
Please note: Plus we also give you a proven and simple tip to master your speech or remember your speech just as you want it without carrying a paper with you.
Just see what someone said about that great tip that's proven to calm your nerves and help you speak with purpose, poise, and clarity!
All the best,
Please note: Don’t fill out this form if you’re a dishonest individual. This offer is for a limited time.
Forget about money and let’s write something for you. We believe in the values of honesty and integrity and we think you should be happy with our work first.
So, the risk is on us, not you. So, you don’t have to think twice before you get on board.
So, Here Are The Benefits You Get When You Get On Board!
- A great speech written by our wedding speech consultants that reflects what you want to say exactly
- We coach you on how to use your voice to make your speech very exciting.
- We show you a simple but often overlook strategy to rehearse your speech even if you have a very poor memory. This method is used by great speakers like Obama and was used by Abraham Lincoln and his compatriots
- The most effective way to get your entire speech into your head without memorizing your speech. Guaranteed to help you even if you have a very poor memory or your memory is like a gold fish…most of our clients still wonder where we got this idea from. This ensures that you don't read off a sheet of paper...
All the best,
- Ways to include humor in your speech and what it takes to do so
Remember, you have to see your speech first before you pay. So, you can relax and let us sweat it out at our expense!