In order to impress your son, family, and the guests, your father of the groom speech should start with a great opener.
A great opening will undoubtedly create beautiful memories and captivate the wedding guests.
Since a strong opening is critical to grabbing the attention of the audience, you should prepare way ahead of time so you don’t come off as a boring speaker.
Though the master of ceremonies might introduce you before you speak, you have to tell the audience who you are and your relationship to the groom when you grab the mic. For instance...you can say
I am Bob and Mike’s dad.
After, you should greet the audience and express appreciation to the guests for coming .Wedding speech etiquette demands that you do just that.
Here Are Useful Pointers To Help You Give A Memorable Introduction:
You can start off with a funny story or even begin with a joke if you are a naturally funny person. Avoid it if you are not. You might embarrass yourself if you force yourself to do something hilarious. It is best to stick to a style that you can do best.
You can also begin with a quote on marriage or share your personal reflections about the joy of parenting.
To make it more memorable, you can put your opening lines in song, poetry or have it dramatized.
Storytelling can add a bite to your presentation. So, if you know of any story that is connected to marriage, you can make use of it. Interesting stories about your son will also be fine.
After you have greeted the audience, you should thank the organizers, your own family, those who were instrumental in his upbringing and everyone in the room.
Your opening lines of your father of the groom speech can also be used to thank your in-laws for their help and support. Particularly the brides’ parents.
You may begin with a personal story of how you got married and share some lessons from it.
PLEASE NOTE: As you speak, do not reveal any details that will embarrass your boy— issues like mentioning his soft spots, past relationships, and so on.
Here Is An Example
I’ d like to give an example here so you can get the picture well
''Good evening Ladies and Gentleman. I am Bob and Mike's dad. On behalf of my wife Ruth, we are so thankful to you all for being part of this great day. Great people like you make the world a merry place. We’d also like to thank Jerry and Angela (the bride’s dad and mom) for their help and support ’’
Hope that is clear.
Aside grabbing the attention of the audience, a memorable father of the groom speech opener will make your son and family proud and relieve you of tension if done very well.
Whenever I tell fathers that they can grab the attention of the guests and make their sons proud, they often get skeptical.
Glen was also doubtful when he read this same message. But, he took action and see what he sent over after the wedding was over.
Hey Dan, just wanted to thank you once again for the speech you wrote with me. My goal was met afterwards, I was told by many "what a beautiful speech" and received a standing ovation. I couldn't have did this without you. God Bless Dan!- Glen, U.S.A
Want to know how he did just that? He got on board our wedding speech program and one of our talented speech consultants helped him out.
Is This Program For Me?
Yes, if you are expecting nothing less than a great speech.
Yes, if you are overwhelmed by the pressures of work and don’t have the time to put your speech together.
Yes, if you are fed up with getting the same results anytime you give a wedding speech.
Yes, if you are not too eloquent or not too sure if you are on the right track.
Yes, if you don’t want to feel any tinge of embarrassment
Yes, if you feel wedding speaking is not your thing and are not too sure if you will succeed or not.
Yes, if you are struggling to find the right words but still want to give a great speech like a pro so you are showered with tons of sincere compliments
Yes, if you have a day or less to the wedding and you are worried that you might make some horrible mistakes
Ok, I am Interested, What’s the Cost?
If you want to come up with a heartfelt speech, then you have to pay attention to this.
- Our wedding speech experts want to write a great speech for you without asking you to pay for your speech now.
Are you guys serious? Yes, please read below
- All you have to do is to click on the link below to receive an easy to fill questionnaire in your email
- Next, send it to us on the email on that form you'll get and then your beautiful speech is delivered by one of our expert writers. After, you look it over and tell us whether you are okay with it or you want to amend it.
- Then, we ask you to shell out $ 80 for it. Plus we give you a simple and easy guide to help you remember your speech without carrying a paper with you.
We believe in the values of honesty and integrity and we think you should be happy with our work before you pay. So, the risk is on us not you. So, you don’t have to think twice before you get on board. Click here now and let’s get started right
Here’s What You Get When You Ask To Help You
- A great speech written by our wedding speech consultants that reflects what you want to say exactly
- We coach you on how to use your voice to make your speech very exciting.
- We show you a simple but often overlook to rehearse. This method is used by great speakers like Obama and was used by Abraham Lincoln and his compatriots
- The most effective way to get your entire speech into your head without memorizing your speech. Guaranteed to help you even if you have a very poor memory or your memory is like a gold fish…most of our clients still wonder where we got this idea from. This ensures that you don't read off a sheet of paper
- Ways to include humor in your speech and what it takes to do so
Please note: Don’t fill out this form if you are you’re a dishonest individual. This offer is for a limited time. Remember, click here to let one of our wedding speech writers write a great speech that comes right from your heart. You don't have worry about paying our charge of $ 80 per speech for now. Forget about money and let’s write something for you.
You only have to pay after we've delivered your great speech-and we will do just that .
You only have to pay after you have seen your speech. So, you can understand that we want you to be happy with your speech first before we take money from you later.
So, you can relax and let us sweat it out at our expense!